Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Volunteers learn basics about how to respond to a disaster or emergency in their community through training provided free by the El Paso County Office of Emergency Management and its partners.
UPCOMING CERT CLASSES AND COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS
- CERT Basic Training: Two CERT Basic training sessions now open for Fall 2018. The September class runs 9/12-9/15 in Colorado Springs. The October class will held on location in Fountain on 5 consecutive Tuesday nights. Registration for September is at www.epccertsept18.eventzilla.net . Registration for the Fountain session is now open at www.epccertoct18.eventzilla.net Registration for other sessions will be posted here soon! Additional dates for CERT Basic Training may be arranged on a customized schedule by request of neighborhoods or organizations. Contact us for more information or to request a training for your group.
- Tourniquets and Deep Wounds Training: Bleeding Control first aid training is scheduled as part of the regular CERT Basic training session. Additional “Stop the Bleed” classes are offered by UC Health. Go to uchealth.org/events/events for further details.
- Psychological First Aid Class: Free Psychological first aid training is open to the public. There are currently no courses scheduled. If you’re interested in taking this certification course, please send a request.
- Amateur Radio Technician Classes: Local amateur radio clubs offer beginning level Ham radio licensing courses in person and online. These are not provided by El Paso County, but we partner with these clubs to help promote the use of alternative communications in an emergency. If you’d like information on these classes, please send a request.
- Resources in Your Neighborhood: Learn how to organize your neighborhood or organization to be ready for a disaster, and more resilient afterwards. Visit the regional map to see where CERT members, volunteer amateur (Ham) radio operators, and Neighborhood Watch groups are located throughout the county.
Join the County CERT Team: Individuals who would like to help with public education, special events, or emergency activations are encouraged to join the El Paso County CERT team. Send an email to express your interest, and receive an information packet.
Amateur Radio Operators: Are you a neighborhood resource? Add yourself (your call sign and neighborhood) to the community map to let residents nearby know you’re willing to help in an emergency. Download the permission form to submit your information and specify what information you would like to share.