Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Volunteers learn basics about how to respond to a disaster or emergency in their community through training provided free by the El Paso County Office of Emergency Management and its partners.
UPCOMING CERT CLASSES AND COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS
- CERT Basic Training: Three sessions of Basic CERT Training are scheduled for fall 2019. Registration for other sessions will be posted here as they are scheduled. The following sessions are held on three weeknights (Tuesday through Thursday, PLUS one Saturday. Registration and details are at:
- September 24 – 28 in Monument: http://epccertsept19.eventzilla.net
- October 15 -19 in Colorado Springs: http://epccertoct19.eventzilla.net
- November 19 – 23 in Colorado Springs: http://epccertnov19.eventzilla.net
Additional dates for CERT Basic Training may be arranged on a customized schedule by request from neighborhoods or organizations. Contact us for more information or to request training for your group.
- Tourniquets and Deep Wounds Training: Bleeding Control first aid training is included in the regular CERT Basic training session. Additional “Stop the Bleed” classes are offered by UC Health. Go to uchealth.org/events/events for further details.
- Psychological First Aid Class: Free Psychological first aid training is open to the public. If you’re interested in taking this certification course, please email.
- Amateur Radio Technician Classes: Local amateur radio clubs offer beginning level Ham radio licensing courses in person and online. If you’d like information about these classes, please email us. Amateur radio VE license testing is held at the Office of Emergency Management facility on the second Saturday of every month by the Pikes Peak Radio Amateur Association (PPRAA). For more details, visit the PPRAA website.
- Resources in Your Neighborhood: Learn how to organize your neighborhood or organization to be ready for a disaster, and more resilient afterwards. Visit the regional map to see where CERT members, volunteer amateur (Ham) radio operators, and Neighborhood Watch groups are located throughout the county.
Join the County CERT Team: Individuals who would like to help with public education, special events, or emergency activations, are encouraged to join the El Paso County CERT team. Send an email to express your interest or receive an information packet.
Amateur Radio Operators: Are you a neighborhood resource? Add yourself (your call sign and neighborhood) to the community map to let residents nearby know you are willing to help in an emergency. Download the permission form to submit your information and specify what information you would like to share. Join us for Neighborhood Net on the air Saturday mornings at 09:00 on the PPHN repeater network 147.135 (positive offset, 100.0 tone).