August 24, 2021 – El Paso County will conduct maintenance work on Mclaughlin Road and Bierstadt Heights intersection starting on Friday, August 27, 2021. Both lanes of travel will remain open on Mclaughlin Road. The northbound lane of Mclaughlin Road will be shifted at the south entrance (Bierstadt Heights) of the Safeway parking lot. The maintenance is expected to be completed in one week, weather and resources permitting.
Road Closures and Detours:
- The South Entrance of the Safeway Parking Lot on the East side of Mclaughlin and Bierstadt Heights will be closed.
- Drivers will be detoured on the north entrance.
- Drivers are encouraged to seek an alternate route of travel
Drivers & Motorists:
- Reduce speeds and use caution when traveling through the work zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades
- Plan for added travel time for those using detours.
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Cautious and attentive driving within the area will ensure the safety and efficient completion of this maintenance.
Vicinity map below with detour outlined.
For more information and questions: