May 25, 2023 – El Paso County administrative offices, elected administrative offices, and affiliated agencies will be closed Monday, May 29, in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday. The closure includes the following: El Paso County Treasurer & Public Trustee’s Office El Paso County Clerk and Recorder Office – All locations El Paso County Department of Human…
The Department of Public Works is a diverse group of functionally and operationally specialized professionals which is comprised of five Divisions:
- The Fleet Management Division, is focused on providing transportation and construction equipment assets to 21 organizations within El Paso County including vehicle life-cycle maintenance activities, fuel delivery, and vehicle/equipment replacement programs.
- The Highway Division is the center of ‘operations’ for the Department. This division is focused on operations and maintenance of El Paso County’s transportation infrastructure including companion stormwater infrastructure. Essential functions of this division include but are not limited to Gravel Road Maintenance, Snow and Ice Control Activities, Asphalt Patching and Repair, Bridge Deck Replacement, Chip Seal Operations, and Roadway Signs and Markings.
- The Customer Service Division is the ‘face of the organization’. They are responsible for direct interaction with our customers including incoming Citizen Requests for Service, Production Control/Work Order Management, Right-of-Way permits, Facility Control, and 24/7 Dispatch Operations.
- The Resource Management Division is a small team with a large responsibility. They focus on the Department’s finance and budget management as well as critical logistical support for each of the Department’s operational areas. Further, they play a key role in all departmental procurement activities.
- The Engineering Division is home to the County Engineer who also serves as the Engineering Division Manager. This division’s focus is on capital construction programs, stormwater management, construction, compliance inspections, surveying, traffic engineering, and transportation infrastructure asset management.