August 27, 2021 – El Paso County will conduct maintenance work on Mclaughlin Road and Bierstadt Heights intersection starting on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. Both lanes of travel will remain open on Mclaughlin Road. The northbound lane of Mclaughlin Road will be shifted at the north entrance (Midnight Road) of the Safeway parking lot. The work will include replacing concrete crosspan, patching and cleanup. The maintenance is expected to be completed in one week, weather and resources permitting.
Road Closures and Detours:
- The north entrance of the Safeway Parking Lot on the east side of Mclaughlin and Midnight Road will be closed.
- Drivers will be detoured to the south entrance.
- Drivers are encouraged to seek an alternate route of travel
Drivers & Motorists:
- Reduce speeds and use caution when traveling through the work zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades
- Plan for added travel time for those using detours.
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Cautious and attentive driving within the area will ensure the safety and efficient completion of this maintenance.
For more information and questions: