September 4, 2020 – Beginning on Tuesday, September 8 until Friday, September 18, El Paso County Department of Public Works will begin the Eastonville Road Paving Project. A portion of Eastonville Road from Eastonville Loop north through Murphy Road will be closed for maintenance.
El Paso County Department of Public Works’ contractor, Martin Marietta Materials, will be conducting a full depth milling procedure for this segment of road.
Full Depth Milling Procedure includes:
- Mill existing asphalt down to the subgrade.
- Grade and recompact asphalt.
- Pave subgrade with new asphalt.
- During construction, access will only be provided to residents adjacent to the work.
- Drivers are encouraged to use Meridian Road north as an alternate route.
Safety Tips for Drivers & Motorists:
- Reduce speeds while traveling through work zone.
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs and barricades.
- Plan for added travel time through this area.
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Road closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project.
For more information and questions:
This project is funded through the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority.