El Paso County is updating the County’s 2040 Major Transportation Corridor Plan (“MTCP”) that was previously adopted in 2016. The MTCP is the long-range plan focusing on the multi-modal transportation network in unincorporated El Paso County. The plan will identify and develop the near- and long-term transportation actions and recommendations needed to preserve and improve the transportation system.
The MTCP is developed with two primary streams of information:
- A technical analysis of existing land uses and planned developments; demographics and economic projections; traffic operations; safety, access, mobility, and connectivity of all transportation modes; and geographic information system (GIS) data
- Community and stakeholder input to understand the public’s perceptions, needs, and opinions about existing and future conditions of transportation and mobility in El Paso County
The plan will include recommended projects to achieve the goals of the MTCP, the public’s help is needed to prioritize the goals. Those goals include:
- Fiscally Responsible and Optimized
- Improved Transportation Safety
- Connected Network of All Travel Modes
- Efficient and Reliable
- Well-Maintained Infrastructure
- Sustainable and Resilient
El Paso County residents are encouraged to take a short survey to submit their feedback by Sunday, February 19. This will allow residents to prioritize the goals in the order they deem most important. Residents may also suggest new goals for consideration that are not currently on the list.
To learn more, please visit the MTCP website.