May 18, 2022 – El Paso County will perform maintenance on Elbert Road Bridge beginning May 31, 2022. Elbert Road will be closed between Latigo Boulevard and Murphy Road. The project is expected to be completed by September 21, 2022, weather permitting. During this period, additional traffic control may be necessary.
- Demolition of the existing bridge deck
- Construction of new reinforced concrete bridge deck
- Bridge roadway approach improvements
- Bridge painting
- Repaving on the bridge and approach roadway
Road closures and detours:
- Elbert Road will be closed north of Latigo Boulevard and south of Murphy Road to through traffic.
- Elbert Road will be closed completely at the bridge north of Latigo Road and south of Murphy Road.
- Drivers will be detoured on US Highway 24 to Bradshaw Road for northbound traffic and on Murphy Road to Bradshaw Road for southbound traffic.
Drivers are reminded to reduce speeds and watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades. Drivers are also encouraged to seek an alternate route of travel.