Department of Public Works’ contractor will be installing traffic signals at the intersection of Marksheffel Road and Meadowbrook Parkway overnight, beginning around 6:30 PM on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Work will consist of installing four new mast arm traffic signals at the Marksheffel Road and Meadowbrook Parkway intersection. Multiple lanes will be closed to avoid live traffic under the active overhead construction. Marksheffel Road will remain open but will be reduced to one lane in each direction while work is being completed. The work is expected to be completed Wednesday night and should not impact traffic on Thursday morning.
For the safety of workers and motorists please:
- Be cautious and alert as you enter the construction zone
- Slow down and obey the posted speed limits and construction signs
- Make sure your headlights are on and working properly to help illuminate the roadway
- Eliminate distractions, avoid using cell phones while driving in work zones
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs and barricades
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so
- Do not drive through barricades! They are there for everyone’s safety
Cautious and attentive driving through the construction area will ensure the safety and efficient completion of this project. El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Funding for this project is provided by TABOR funds.