November 13, 2020 – As part of the Amazon building construction project, W.E. O’Neil will be constructing intersection improvements at the intersection of Powers Boulevard and Grinnell Boulevard. The contractor will begin construction operations requiring road closures planned from November 19th through the end of January 2021, weather and resources permitting.
The road closures will be on Grinnell Boulevard between Powers Boulevard and Goldfield Drive. The alternative route will be north on Powers Boulevard, west on Milton Proby Parkway, south on Hancock Expressway, and east on Bradley Road or south on Powers Boulevard, west on Fontaine Boulevard, and north on Grinnell Boulevard.
Drivers and Motorists:
- Will need to take alternate routes during construction.
- Access will only be provided to residents adjacent to the work.
- Plan for additional travel time through the work area.
- Reduce speeds in work zone
- Watch for workers, equipment, signs and barricades
- Don’t tailgate
El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Road closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project.