July 13, 2022– El Paso County Department of Public Works has contracted with Martin Marietta Materials for the 2022 Asphalt Overlay Contract. Martin Marietta Materials will begin milling and paving operations on Woodmen Road the evening of July 17 and is anticipated to take thirteen (13) working days to complete, weather permitting. Night work operations are planned to take place from approximately 7:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m.
Work will include:
- milling the existing asphalt surface
- conducting necessary patch work
- repaving the roadway
- replacing the pavement markings
Closures and detours:
- Signalized intersections at Meridian Road North and Woodmen Road and McLaughlin Road and Woodmen Road are planned to be closed while work is being completed within the intersection.
- Only one intersection will be closed at a time, with each closure lasting approximately one hour.
- Access to and from Woodmen Rd will be closed only at these signalized intersections.
- The intersections will reopen completely once the work is completed.
- Drivers will be detoured while the closures are in place.
Drivers are reminded to reduce speeds and to watch for workers, equipment, signs, and barricades. El Paso County wishes to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation. Night work and closures will accelerate the safe and efficient completion of this project. Funding is provided through the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority.
Vicinity map below with detour outlined.
For more information and questions: