El Paso County is pleased to announce the launch of an enhanced version of Citizen Connect, a citizen engagement tool that allows users to submit service requests for any road or parks related issue. The enhanced version now allows users to easily connect with commissioners to voice concerns or ask questions.
“We are very excited about the launch of this enhanced citizen engagement tool,” said El Paso County Board Chair Cami Bremer. “This new tool helps connect residents and commissioners, making it easier than ever before for people to voice their concerns so we can work together to make our county better.”
This intuitive and user-friendly resource provides a wealth of features that will keep users informed about their service requests and communications with Commissioners.
El Paso County Citizen Connect:
- Enables citizens to report potholes, graffiti, illegal dumping, etc. from the ease of their mobile device.
- Enables citizens to report damage, trash, debris at El Paso County parks, facilities, and trails.
- Offers a convenient way for citizens to contact commissioners and share their concerns. This is an important way to stay engaged with your elected officials and ensure that your voice is heard.
- Can be accessed online through the El Paso County website or through the EPC Citizen Connect app which is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be directly downloaded from mobile phone App Stores.
The benefits of Citizen Connect are:
- Ensures that submissions are tracked and that the appropriate staff members address concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Allows citizens to provide their contact information so that we can follow up with them if we need additional information and keep them updated on the status of their requests, question, or concern. This helps us to ensure that we are able to provide the best possible service to our community.
- Provides a way for citizens to submit very detailed information about their concerns, including the specific location and any supporting documents, photos, or information. This helps to ensure that issues are resolved more efficiently and effectively.